Relationships Health Education
Grove House Primary School will teach Relationships Health Education (R.H.E) as part of the Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education (P.S.H.E) programme building up in an age-appropriate way from Reception to Year 6.
The P.S.H.E curriculum covers the following themes:
- Developing confidence and responsibility and making the most of pupils’ abilities;
- Preparing to play an active role as citizens;
- Developing a healthier, safer lifestyle; and
- Developing good relationships and respecting differences between people.
Our Primary age Relationships Health Education:
- Helps prepare children for their future lives.
- Develops skills and self-esteem to help children enter adolescence.
- Prepares children for puberty.
- Enables pupils to develop knowledge, communication skills and understanding in order to facilitate personal decision making.
- Enables pupils to develop the ability to form positive, non-exploitative relationships.
- Enables pupils to be aware of personal, psychological, emotional and physical changes in themselves and others.
- Emphasizes the role and the value of family life.
- Explores attitudes and values.
- Develops mutual respect and care for others.
- Addresses concerns and correct common misunderstandings children may have gained from the media and their peers.
- Develops skills to help children protect themselves from unwanted physical contact.
- Is conducted in a sensitive manner in a relaxed environment that enables children to air their feelings and views.
- Is taught as a spiral programme that is differentiated to meet the needs of children at different ages and stages of development.
Click here to see our consultation Powerpoint
A parent friendly guide has been published by the DFE
Please see the online parent e-book for further information about RHE.
The draft RHE policy can be found here
A draft version of the schools Long Term Plan can be found here.
*Some units are under review following feedback from the online survey.
Should you have any questions regarding the teaching of RHE in school please do not hesitate to contact us.