What we are doing?
At Grove House, we are doing a number of things to minimise the risk and spread of infection. These include:
- Advice and guidance issued by the Department of Education and Public Health England are reviewed daily by the Head of School and Executive Head Teacher. These updates are then used to help us develop and inform our contingency plans.
- We have strengthened out daily cleaning routines and placed an increased focus on the cleaning of classrooms and toilets.
- Each classroom has been provided with hand sanitiser which is used regularly throughout the day.
- Each classroom has been provided with anti-bacterial spray allowing tables to be wiped down in-between learning sessions.
- Toilets are checked regularly, cleaned each lunchtime and hand soap is topped up 3 times a day.
- Extra time is given to the children each day to wash their hands especially before lunch. They are supervised in doing this to ensure this task is complete properly.
- Our morning handshake, which is part of our Relationship Policy, as been suspended.
- Planned events and meetings for staff in school have been rescheduled to reduce the number of people visiting and passing through school.
- Parents Evening has been postponed until further notice.
- Book and a Bagel events for nursery and year 5 have been postponed until further notice.
- Planned trips and residential planned for the coming weeks are currently been reviewed. We will update parents as soon as possible.
- We are currently preparing home learning packs in case we are instructed to close.
We hope this information provides you with an update but also recognise that this is an ever evolving situation and one we are reviewing daily. Please be reassured that we will continue to make measured decisions in the best interests of the whole school community whilst following the guidance provided by the Department of Education and Public Health England. We know you will all have many questions but would ask that where possible, you contact the office via telephone. As the situation changes we will update you again.